Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Awakening


I'm reawakening the blog after a couple months off.  It's good to be back.  I've missed it.  But, family, and life, demanded my time so I stepped away.  I'm going to try something a little different with this post. A series of photo snaps- a moment in my day.  Kind of a photo diary.  Just for fun. I'm inspired by the blogs of Kelle Hampton and Nici Rae Holt, whom I've been following for awhile now. Read them at www.kellehampton.com and www.digthischick.net.  You won't regret spending some time with them. Read Kelle's book "Bloom" as well.  It's lovely.


So, this morning I had breakfast on the deck with Oliver.  Just me, the dog, my coffee, my oatmeal and the sun.  It was heaven.  Seriously, it was a spiritual awakening...literally.  One of those mornings where you just know God has a hand in it.  His creation was shining.  It was bright and crisp, green, blue, and sparkling.  It couldn't have been painted more perfectly.  So, I sat and watched the birds, smelled the grass, and breathed it all in. The breeze gave me a cool kiss every now and then just to remind me He was there.  So, I thanked Him and met the day.





 The oaks stood tall and mighty, proud to be in their right place in our forest.






The birds landed on the feeder, enjoying their breakfast too!




hello, mr. and mrs. cardinal


Oliver kept a close watch on them.














The shadows danced on the lawn,











                                                 The flowers smiled their yellow smiles,


                                      And that sun just kept shining, announcing her day.
                                                 

The clouds came out to play...





 ...And the moon went to bed.
       

                                          Other people went about their business,




            But we sat awhile on our deck this morning.  Didn't we, Oliver?


                                                           



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and feedback. If you are thinking it, say it HERE!