Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gettin' Jiggy


It's almost March 1st.  You know what that means.  This Irish girl gets jiggy.  No, not jiggly (damn auto correct!), JIGGY!  I get my Irish on.  I get a little crazy for all things green and blarneyful.  I start with the leprechaun sightings, get out the pot and fill it with those gold chocolate coins, and make sudden detours through McDonald's for a shamrock shake.  I look at cuts of corned beef at the butcher shoppe, contemplate new soda bread recipes, and make potato soup with leeks like Aileen, my old neighbor straight off the boat from Galway, taught me.  Then, I crank the Irish Rovers, The Pogues, and my man Van Morrison and get really jiggy!  C'mon, it only comes round once a year...give it to me or better yet, join me.  That's the beauty of the Irish, we are willing to share our holiday.  You can be an honorary Irishman for the day on March 17th.  We don't mind. We'll even give you a green Guinness and call you Paddy b'gosh and b'gorrah!


Here's my little Irish laddy way back when...wonder if I could still get him to dye his hair green at 14?


7 comments:

  1. To my fellow Irish lassie! I, too, embrace my Irish-ness! Let's celebrate all month long!
    Comóradh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more Scottish than Irish but heck I am short enough to be a leprechaun! I dug out my black tights with shamrocks on them amd I shall wear them with pride on the 17th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gettin' jiggy with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me hungry for corned beef and cabbage! What a good idea to celebrate the whole month of March.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Van Morrison- one of the greats of Ireland. I have a Van Morrison station on Pandora.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all sounds fantastic...enjoy! And I love Van Morrison too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to read me, Becky. I really appreciate it.

      Delete

I welcome comments and feedback. If you are thinking it, say it HERE!